Double Apple Crisp
|PREP TIME||COOK TIME||SERVES|
|15 Minutes||45 Minutes||6-8|
- 1 1/2 Sticks Butter, melted plus 1 Tablespoon for Greasing
- 1 1/2 Cup Shine Apple Cinnamon & Oat Muffin Mix
- 1 Cup Optional Nuts or Oats
- 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 6 Large Apples, Cored and Cut into Bitesized pieces
- 1/3 Cup White Granulated Sugar
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Grease ramekins with butter
- In a bowl combine; muffin mix, nuts/oats, brown sugar, and salt.
- Stir in melted butter, until a coarse texture is achieved. This is your crumble mixture
- In a separate bowl combine; apples, white sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice
- Add apple mixture to ramekins, and cover with the crumble mixture
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet, and place in the oven for 45-55 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, and serve with ice cream, or whipped cream
Tips: Cover your baking sheet in tin foil, that way when your Double Apple Crisp cooks, and some caramel drips down the side of the ramekin, it makes the cleanup easier.
You can make these Double Apple Crisp ahead of time, and store them in your refrigerator until you are ready to bake.
If you use a sweeter apple, such as an Honeycrisp, you don't need as much sugar
You can peel your apples or you can leave the skins on, either way, doesn't affect the end result